Programs & Events
Infant Program (6-18 Months)
The infant program provides childcare for 10 infants ranging in age from 6 months to 18 months. The staff/child ratio in this room is 1:3, therefore, we provide three qualified full time staff members and a part time staff to help out in the afternoon, all of whom devote plenty of tender loving care. All of the infants have his/her own personal schedule that we follow along with their parent’s schedule. Your infant will have his/her own cubby where his/her belongings and artwork will be kept. Also, your infant will have his/her own crib in the sleep room, as well as a hook for their diaper bag. As the infants become older, around 15-18 months, we slowly introduce them to the toddler’s schedule to make transition easy when they move over.
Toddler Program (18 months-2 ½ years)
The toddler program provides childcare for 15 children ranging in age from 18 months to 2 ½ years. The staff/child ratio in this room is 1:5, therefore, we provide 3 qualified full time staff members and a part time staff member all of whom find working with children very rewarding. In our effort to encourage the development of positive self esteem in children, we select goals for our toddler curriculum which are reflective of the significant challenges which children of this age strive to master. Consequently, our toddler curriculum goals are as follows:
- We will support mastery of separation anxiety.
- We will ensure a sense of safety and security.
- We will reinforce attempts to communicate needs.
- We will enable autonomy in self-help skills, making choices, and maintaining positive behaviour.
- We will facilitate active exploration, participation, and persistence in a problem-solving and focused environment.
- We will encourage self-expression.
Preschool Program (2 ½ years to 4 years)
The Preschool program provides childcare for children aged 2 to 4 years old. We provide a 1:8 staff/child ratio, therefore your child receives the attention they need and deserve.
- Independence – We are very independent in the Preschool room. We learn to put our shoes on and take them off, get dressed for indoor and outdoor play all by ourselves. Independence is a big step for our Preschool friends; from washing our hands and face to scraping our lunch plates and tidying up our toys.
- Activities throughout the day – We are always working on name and letter recognition, number recognition, colours, counting, matching, memory recall and patterning. We work on all of the children’s pre-reading skills to get them ready for the Senior Room.
- Room Transitions – Your child will remain in the Preschool Room until they reach the age of four years old. The friendships in this classroom are very strong, they learn to share with each other and work things out as friends.
- Weekly Activities - The Preschool Rooms participate in weekly Music classes with our Music teacher who comes in once per week to engage the children in a fun and interactive program.
- Communication – We have a written communication report which is completed daily to share information on how your child eats, sleeps, as well as washroom routines for each day.
Kindergarten Program (4 to 6 years)
The Kindergarten program provides Before & After school care for children age in Junior and Senior Kindergarten. Your child will stay in this room until he/she finishes kindergarten. They receive a snack before they go to school and a substantial snack when they return in the afternoon. The kindergarten children are bused to many of the local schools in the Milton area. The Kindergarten program also covers P.A. Days, March Break, Christmas Break and Summer Camp. When your child completes Kindergarten, and further care is required for your child as they approach Grade 1, a space may be available in our School Age Program. The ratio in the Kindergarten room is 13 children to one staff member.
School Age Program (6 to 12 years)
The school age program provides Before & After school care. The teacher/child ratio in this classroom is 1:15. They receive a snack before they go to school and a substantial snack when they return in the afternoon. The school age children are bused to many of the local schools in the Milton area. The school age program also covers P.A. Days, March Break, Christmas Break and Summer Camp.
Events held throughout the year include:
- Field trips
- Picture day
- Preschool Graduation Photo’s
- Halloween party
- Christmas concert
- Mother’s day breakfast
- Father’s day breakfast
- Annual Family BBQ & Fun Day